We have three bidding rounds each year, with the deadline dates agreed in advance to give colleagues plenty of time to provide a more detailed account of what they intend to do with the funds. We aim to provide feedback within 2 weeks of the deadline date.
Upcoming deadlines for applications: 18 January 2019, 17 May 2019 & 27 September 2019.
The Management Group will consider 'out of cycle' bids if they respond to opportunities that are especially time sensitive. In such cases, the applicant will need to demonstrate this is the case and provide a rationale for the bid to be considered 'out of cycle'. It will be up to Management Group to decide if they agree with the reasoning and, if not, the bid will be considered as part of the next funding round.
Bids will be reviewed by the NIBS Management Group who will place weight on:
- the scientific rationale for the proposed work in the context of the Network objectives
- its potential to deliver significant outputs consistent with Network research objectives
- affordability/value for money
- bids with potential to foster Network objectives of cross-institution and cross-disciplinary research
- bids that have potential to create impact
- ensuring that, where PhD or Post Doc input is requested, their overall work profiles within the Network are suitably career enhancing.
Any bid should include at least one NIBS Co-Investigator or Post Doc as a named collaborator. Beyond this there are no restrictions regarding who can bid.
Bids should include the following information.
- Outline of proposed research
- Explain how the proposed research will contribute to the objectives of the Network
- Resources requested (and details of other funding supporting the research)
- The name of a lead researcher who will manage the award and be a key point of contact
- For bids requesting input of junior researchers, please explain their role (and whether, for instance, there will be opportunities for career enhancement). Please specify requested researcher time as a percentage of their time across a specified number of weeks.
- Schedule for conduct of the research. We expect that most bids funded will report back at September NIBS meetings.
Please submit bids, via e-mail attachment, to reach the NIBS Adminstrator by the deadline date.
We would also like to remind researchers that all NIBS-funded output should cite NIBS by name and grant number [ES/P008976/1], following recommended guidelines.
Please take time to look at our ‘guide for successful bidders' which explains the process for claiming funds, as this is different from the system operated under NIBS 1.
- The determinants of consumer engagement
- Evasive communication
- Lab Experimental Approaches to Measuring Individual Creativity (part funded)
- Mechanisms Behind Nudging Adherence: A Randomised Controlled Trial
- Tainted Nudge
- Investigating the Influence of Behavioural Factors on Consumers
- Selling Winners or Losers
- The Red, The Black, and The Plastic
You can also view the list of projects funded under our NIBS 1 grant period which ran from 31 December 2012 to 30 September 2017.